About Me

My photo
My name is Jessi Joy. In EVE Online I am Naughty Cargo, currently a member of Shadow Cartel. I am a 22-year old Aussie chick who loves playing computer games, being cute and writing. This is part of my story, where I can talk about whatever I want. Welcome to the madhouse!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

General Update on gaming/life/like/dislkes/loves/hates... etc etc etc :P

So... figured that if I'm going to be blabbing away about all sorts of things, I may as well give a nice quick summary of what I've got going on at the moment. Gaming wise and not so gaming wise.

Living Situation
Still living at home, its still rather tedious, and I'd still rather be anywhere else. But beggars can't be choosers, and I'm grateful for basically being able to bludge, but more often than not I'd love my own independence. Oh wells. It'll happen in time. Don't know how I'm gonna cope with the parents coming soon idea of how to curb computer time. Dad brought a new timer, which makes the modem turn off at 12am (midnight), and turns it on again at 6am. So uhh.. that's a pending issue set to go in motion next week.... *can't decide whether to laugh or cry*...

Work
I still haven't been successful in obtaining a job yet, but I'm working on it (and desperately need one if I'm going to travel around the U.S!). I got rejected from fast food restaurants for being TOO OLD! Like... wtf?

Relationships
So uhh.. things ended badly with the last boyfriend (most of you would know who he is), so uhh.. that was bust. But I've grown up because of it all- with him for just over year- and learnt many lessons (the hard way) about myself and others.

A couple of weeks ago, I met up with someone (honestly, most of you probably know who I'm talking about by now...) I've known for quite a while (and to be honest, its all thanks to Tilar- a fellow chick who is in 7-2), and we went out for drinks and have since hung out at his place a few times since, and it all looks very promising. Somewhat odd not having all the drama and bullshit I've got used to having with relationships, but I'm not complaining. It's very, VERY nice. :) Things can only go up from here.

Oh, and have to say, the best part is this man doesn't live in a different country. Go figure.

Education
I am starting the second year of my uni course this year- Bachelor of Arts (Professional and Creative Writing) at Deakin Uni- and due to my... uhh... poor results last semester, if I don't do better this one coming, they're gonna kick me out. So uhh... study mode incoming. Who knows what that'll do to my gaming but... *shrugs*. Cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm deferring my second semester for Camp America.

Camp America
I have finished the application for the Camp America program, which is basically, where people get hired by Summer Camp directors in the U.S.A, and then are sent off around May/June to work at said camp for ~9 weeks. The program includes travel insurance, visa application help, phone and bank account, 24-hour emergency line, orientation, etc. I have good skills listed that are in high demand all the time (Horse Riding/Care, Photography, Kayaking/Canoeing), so I've actually been given extra support directly from head office in Sydney, plus extra calls making sure my app's going alright, etc etc. They are flying Camp Directors over here on the 11th, and I was sent a V.I.P pass- because of the skills, meaning I can get in to see them an hour or two before everyone else. It's epic. :)

It's very exciting. I'm hoping to travel for at least a month (seeing everyone and everywhere I want to) after completing the work, because I really wanna go to EVE Vegas- so somehow, I wanna stay there till mid-end of October. Fingers crossed.

Gaming
My laptop, as always (and rather tediously) is my gaming machine. I've  reduced the number of games on it though, because they made the hard drive crash, needing it to be replaced for stupid amounts of money etc. So now I'm mainly playing:

EVE Online: I tried to leave, thinking about $$ and time and stuff, but the bug was too strong. I swear this game is a virus, an inescapable vortex of space. After ThC2 sorta disintegrated, I moved back to R1FTER, where lots of drama rl-wise happened, mostly in relation to a fellow returned corp member, and I realised why I left in the first place... time zones, leading me to, surprise surprise, leave again.

Most of the guys from ThC2 had moved to 7-2 (who I've mentioned a few times in this blog so far), so I figured well, why not. I like these guys, I think they like me, why not apply? Well... while I'm a good tackle/frig pilot, I'm not amazing. I have low skill points (for a year and a half old character anyways) at around ~23mill. I have a helluvalot of learning to do, and sure as hell lots more ships to fly, so I was told 'go out, grow up some more, get some more skills/ships and become awesome, then re-apply'.

So, I formed my own corp- Children of Molden Heath (because MH will ALWAYS be Naughty's home), plonked Naughty in it, plus an alt to be CEO (cause when Naughty leaves I don't wanna lose it), and am flying around with the guys. I'm trying new ships (Stabber Fleet Issue is awesome, as is the Stiletto), and working on my all round general skills. I'm learning heaps from all the awesome people around me, and its great. I can only go up from here. :)

Minecraft: Other than EVE, my main game is Minecraft. I blame Sugar. She and Port (her husband), set up a Molden Heath Minecraft server, which is now my second home. I've made great new friends (Kenrin's wife Fern and her brother, Draco), I've built some awesome stuff, and I'm currently working on my collection of horses (which will probably be my first 'proper' post).

We have a great community going on there, that's only growing, and even my video tour, made a few days ago, is out of date. We have Brandobas being building extraordinaire, who made 'The King's Road' (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD7Ra1UkPxE), and its only getting longer. Is some awesome. :) I don't play single player anymore at all- its BORINNNGGGG :P

League of Legends: I would play LoL, if only I hadn't fucked up moving my main from the NA server to the Oceania one. I am now locked out of it, and they won't give it back to me until I give them ALL the INFOS, short of my credit card details. Basically. Probably a tad exaggerated, but that's what it feels like. Legit.

Don't Starve: Don't Starve is an amazing indie game that not enough people know or talk about, so its going to be my mission to bring this game to you awesome peeps. Lot's to talk about (its still developing), so stay tuned. :)

I honestly think that's about it for interesting. I'm on holidays, trying to find a job, trying to get more sleep than I am getting, etc etc. Going on a walk in the city tomorrow with the man, gonna have a picnic at the Botanic Gardens (that's the idea anyways...) which is gonna be very nice, so looking forward to that. ^.^

Anyways, next post will probably be about Minecraft, depending on my mood, but we'll see. Good things come to those who wait. ^.^ (including me).

Happy New Year peeps!

-Jess (NC)

No comments:

Post a Comment