About Me

My photo
My name is Jessi Joy. In EVE Online I am Naughty Cargo, currently a member of Shadow Cartel. I am a 22-year old Aussie chick who loves playing computer games, being cute and writing. This is part of my story, where I can talk about whatever I want. Welcome to the madhouse!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Why a Pirate?



(Wrote in between two classes at uni, so I figure I can get away with it being a little messy :P And one of my tutors said that we should really 'write something everyday, even if it's just a shopping list'. I don't know about you, but I find shopping lists boring, and somewhat redundant ^.^ So here's my Not Shopping List.)

Space- It’s an endless adventure, especially for those that get to traverse and explore its endless pathways. I have always been impressed with CCP’s computerised portrayal of the universe... universi?, and for some reason, the colours and patterns made me want to play even more than I already did. This along with the allure of the unknown attracted me to the idea that space could be explored, and that big green and yellow space cloud could theoretically be discovered by moi. I have long since learnt it doesn’t quite work that way, but no biggie. I discovered something so much more awesome!

Pirating.

The amount of controversy that surrounds being a pirate is ridiculous and honestly I am oftentimes over the shit that people have to say. Often its the people that just don't get what pirating is that give the biggest chunks of shit. I mean, it’s never particularly serious, unless you just blew up someone and they are hating on you pretty bad, but honestly, that just encourages us. All (or most.. maybe) us pirates really want are really good tears. Tears just make it so much better ya reckon? It’s just puts nice big grins on our faces, the angrier, the better.

Well, that’s part of the reason I’m a pirate in this openly inventive world. We can do whatever we want to whoever we want and mostly, wherever we want. CONCORD do make it a bit of a problem in high security systems, but meh. There’s ways around it- mostly just not caring too much about being attached to any one particular ship! I’ll revisit ganking later I’m sure.

I guess the main reason I’m a pirate is because it’s fun. And contrary to popular belief most pirates are nice people, and I generally get along with most of them. In fact, some in Molden Heath claim that we have a sort of ‘community-y-y-y’ thing going, and that we all sorta work together. While this CAN indeed be true, we’re constantly shooting at each other to be perfectly honest. And it’s all one big game. I mean, sometimes there are those carebears who get all upset at you, but hey, that’s the risk they take coming into a low security area, a haven for ‘flashy reds’ everywhere. 

This program/client/server/creation is at its essence a game, and while some people take it to a new level of seriousness, and WILL put a bounty on your for killing their mining barge, or will just have a big tear fest and blatantly attempt to insult you deeply, it is still a game. Isn't it about having fun? I enjoy being a pirate, and that's the end of it. Making pretty splosions and gaining a collection of corpses is awesome! 

True, there are rude and arrogant and stupid pirates out there to be sure, who just take advantage of the really weak and helpless, and there's those that make mistakes and then blame it on anyone else within 20 jumps. But hey, that's every MMO ever. So, in the grand scheme of things, pirating is all good fun that takes a certain type of skill. 

And indeed what a skill it is.

STAY TUNED FOR MY NEXT POST ABOUT THE SKILLS/ESSENTIALS/OTHER RANDOM CRAP OF BEING A PIRATE!... and possibly another post about my ex-corp and its awesomeness and my initiation into PvP... maybe. If I can be bothered :P

No comments:

Post a Comment