About Me

My photo
My name is Jessi Joy. In EVE Online I am Naughty Cargo, currently a member of Shadow Cartel. I am a 22-year old Aussie chick who loves playing computer games, being cute and writing. This is part of my story, where I can talk about whatever I want. Welcome to the madhouse!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Awesome Fleet is Awesome!

Hello dear readers!

I have a few more than last time I think, so hi to any new peeps I have watching :) Welcome to my tiny little nooby world. Hehe.

I couldn't come up with a good idea for a post, until TONIGHT! Fleet=Awesome.

It was a cold, stormy night.... no. It really wasn't. I had a shitty day. Honestly, at one point I was in tears trying to stay silent on comms. Apparently my mood was noticable, so I wasn't doing as good a job as I thought, but that's irrelevant. What can I say, I'm a girl and I have hormones and emotions get to me. I'd lost 4 thrashers in about 4 hours, kept missing points when we went on the first roam of the day with a bunch of people from corp, missed out on most of the kills... stuff just wasn't working for me.

Thankfully, Sugar came to my rescue :) Apart from being the person I could talk to and whine a little, she seemed to notice my Thrasher agony and promptly gave me her Jaguar. I now have a favourite ship (so far anyways :P).


This thing is amazing. I absolutely love it! It's quick and agile... and quick. My Thrasher has nothing on it. And it looks more awesome than a Thrasher. This fit suits me so much, and the way that I like engaging. It's definitely not for solo, but in fleets, its already proven itself. Like... majorly proven. And so we go on...

The first Jag I was given by Sugar blew up about 10 minutes after I got it. That's what happens when you tackle one of Eviscerate on the Heild gate. Shoulda seen that coming. Apparently flashy red was a lie! <<< Yeah, totally went there. Anyways, mistake on my part led to Death #5 of the day. The rest of the peeps in Bos ended up killing them anyways while I went back to station and put together another Jag. Just after this, my wonderful parents came in and told me we were all supposed to be going out for dinner. Feeling sorta shitty about going anywhere, and knowing another roam was gonna happen, I took a gamble and stayed. Good decision.

We got a few kills on the way out- a couple of Ishtar's from the same corp in Tabbetzur, and me and Sugar had a good time working together and getting the point (after Ren had freaked out and called for help). Female Tag Team!!! Awww yeah.

In Atlar, we got into an encounter with Dred Nots, and apart from one bit where Ren's Ares ended up getting blapped single-handedly three of them died, with most of us whoring on the last kill- a Nado. Great fun, and a great warm up after the Eviscerate fiasco.

Ended up back in Tabb and Vanderie (one of the 7-2 guys) was playing games with a Tempest. He got popped and we all warped in. He docked and then came back out... and died. In a beautiful ball of fire.  We got a few other random ganks on the way to help keep our wits about us.

As we continued, I got my first golden moment of the night. Up ahead the call was made that a Hurricane had just jumped through the gate into Hadozeko, the same gate we were all in warp to. I was in warp, about to land, praying and begging to get there in time. Landing, I felt a big grin slide onto my face as the cane decloak's, looking incredibly inviting. Without even thinking I burnt towards him, overheated my point and alligned to the sun. Calling out point, I waited for the first person to land, and then warped off, only a smidgen of my armour touched. The Cane was popped and I had that wonderful feeling of achievement and pride when people started telling me I'd done a good job. I warped back to the gate and without any ado we moved on.

While I was on a high, just before Amamake, a group of nice big ships from a corp called Atrocitas were spotted, who usually (apparently) gate camp all fag-like- all talk no action sorta stuff.

This is where stuff got real interesting. Like really interesting. Jumping into system, we quickly warped to our scout, just as the tards warped off. They headed towards the station, and after a brief moment of panic when I warped wayyy too early, got there before everyone and was gonna get blapped, the bastards docked up as I landed and that was the end of that. Having been looking forward to this fight, and after waiting for the right opportunity, just sitting on gate, the tards proceeded to get bashed in local, everyone in fleet joining in on questioning the assholes parentage and sexuality- not to mention the gifs... that I won't describe any more than 'they could have got people banned'. :P

One of them caved, told us to warp to a belt. 3-1 I believe. We all arrived, somewhat expecting to be destroyed, but there was no one there. After a few more minutes of abuse, they started warping in.

They instantly pointed Dave's Prophecy, and while drawing their attention, the rest of us got cracking. I can barely remember what happened now, getting points left right and center on anything I could reach. Diz would call a new primary or a secondary and I'd orbit around them quickly, darting in and out, pretty much manually flying, with drones and ships and trails and explosions all around. Wish I'd been able to Fraps... but anyways. Long story short:

See below: ^.^



Dave didn't end up dying for some reason, even though he was their main target, and apart from a Megathron that warped out as he was about to reach hull, we killed them all one after the other. And it was beautiful ^.^ We cleared the wrecks, docked up nearby and dumped the loot, before heading off again.

That was about it, and while we tried going for a couple of other things, it didn't quite work out. I was on a high- could feel the adrenalin and everything, knowing I'd done a good job. Had a big grin on my face as people kept calling my name to get point as soon as anything jumped through on a gate we were landing on/sitting on. I wasn't able to, but I didn't really care, and still don't. Was an epic night with epic people and I'm not gonna forget it in a hurry.

The photographer in me gets bored on gates and in stations... :P  Can you tell?


 My new Jag is gonna stick with me for a while I think, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Who knows, maybe there'll be another fleet report-type post in the future. Let's hope so! ^.^

o7 Fly dangerous peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment