About Me

My photo
My name is Jessi Joy. In EVE Online I am Naughty Cargo, currently a member of Shadow Cartel. I am a 22-year old Aussie chick who loves playing computer games, being cute and writing. This is part of my story, where I can talk about whatever I want. Welcome to the madhouse!

Monday, February 17, 2014

EVE- A Game Like No Other

(This has been written after about 2 weeks, so when I say earlier this week, its not true. XD Just go with it. haha)

I know I sorta did a post on this before, more specifically about the community, but I had an experience earlier this week, combined with CCP's newest announcement, that made me think about this game in a somewhat objective way- what makes it amazing? Why do I seem to not be able to pull myself away from New Eden? And why are so many people asking me about this game because a whole bunch of random players lost $300,000 worth of game content?

We had an AU timezone fleet earlier this week. Ohm's just pulled it together out of the hat, and we grabbed whatever we had, basically, a bunch of Aussies from various corps, and we flew out, heading towards Tama. I was in my trusty jag, because you know.. tackle is always handy. We'd shot at a few things here and there, and had one really good, totally random fight which led to the death of a few random ships (http://shadowcartel.com/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=93211 - although I coulda sworn we killed more things than that...)

Anyways, so we were going along, when we docked up for a dinner/food break. A few of the guys kept scouting/looking around, and one of them spotted a Thanny sitting in space one system over. I can't remember what it was doing, but it was russian, so who knows. One of the guys kept an eye on it until everyone had come back, and in the meantime, we talked about the plan. With me being tackle in my jag, I was nominated at the tackle. Strict orders- stay at about 20km, keep moving so you don't get caught by drones, and just hold point. By the time all the people had returned, I had that feeling in my stomach- the butterflies.

I, as a fairly new player still, get the butterflies and 'shakes' when I'm in or about to enter a really good fight. And while so many things still scare me in this game, there's one thing I don't mind, and that's the shakes themselves. I have never, EVER found a game that gives me as much of an adrenalin rush as EVE provides. It both amps me up, and terrifies me, and I love it. LOVE IT LOVE IT! It makes me want to kill more stuff.

Anyways, I could literally feel my mouse shaking as the call was made for me to jump, the fleet on the gate, in warp to Thanny. No pressure. Unfortunately, the warp was a long one, 50+ AU, and the lucky bastard was aligned and warping as I landed. *sadface*. Problem is, that adrenalin rush was still there!!! We didn't end up killing anything else on the way home, but did end up getting a few nice kills at the usual gate camp :P

What made me think of sharing this was the adrenalin rush. Those butterflies that I was feeling, are just overwhelming. There is no game like this. This is more apparent in the individual feelings and experiences this game creates. The publicity that has gone around, simply the amount of people checking out this game... its amazing! And everyone has their own way of doing it. So many different people and play styles, and all in one server. ONE SERVER! xD How many MMO's do that?

And how many MMO's have a sculpture in real life that their main characters name is going to be on? CCP announced the building of a big statue around the bay in Reykavik, for ANYONE to see, with all the main characters in EVE on it that are active as on March 1st. That's a lot of characters! XD But its gonna be there.

There's just so many things that make this game different and great, and I hope I am playing it still, for years to come. I want to be a bitter 'not-so-bitter' vet :P XD

No comments:

Post a Comment