About Me

My photo
My name is Jessi Joy. In EVE Online I am Naughty Cargo, currently a member of Shadow Cartel. I am a 22-year old Aussie chick who loves playing computer games, being cute and writing. This is part of my story, where I can talk about whatever I want. Welcome to the madhouse!

Friday, March 14, 2014

My Time Capsule Message :)

Here is what I submitted for the possible viewing of future EVE players. :) (And yes, most of mine is a very... condensed blog post. But whatever :P)

"Congratulations on remembering how to work a laptop! :P

Hi future EVE players! I am Jessi, otherwise known as Naughty Cargo, and I have a blog. Here, is my message and story to you.

EVE now: We saw, just last month, the biggest battle in EVE history (so far). B-R5. If you guys don't know what that is, we failed our generations to come. Plex is currently at 670ISK in outlying regions, which is crazy astronomical prices, and they are only going up. The second New Eden Open is currently underway (we find out tomorrow who wins).

Also, if people are not talking like this about fitting up ships...
Diziet Thomas > 2 lse 2 invul med cap booster mwd nos 3 med nuets sm nuet cdfe egress port rcu pd
...you're doing it wrong.
May EVE always be a place full of acronyms that nobody understands.

Anyways… here we go :)

In EVE, all that's relevant... is whatever happens in EVE.

It seems such a simple concept, and one that makes sense if you look at it and take it as face value. However, add the social element, the part I really love of this game, and suddenly, there's lots of grey areas.

I sit in comms, yes with the name 'Naughty Cargo', but I am me- I am Jess. I am sitting on comms as the 21 year old from Australia, not the dastardly, ruthless space pirate. But I am 'Naughty' and am referred to as such- NC, Cargo. whatever anyone uses, they are addressing me as the in-game pirate.

I am a good person. I don't go out into the street and shoot people in the face. I don't steal people's cars and crash them into a wall. Naughty Cargo, that bad space pirate, goes into space and shoots people in the face. She steals people's ships, and then destroys them in some sort of glorious battle. Naughty Cargo bumps people off gates and shoot them just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naughty Cargo is part of a big, bad, blobby alliance.

Sitting in comms as me only does so much good when Naughty's alliance is causing trouble with the people that I am sitting with.

Listening to a fleet get blobbed by my alliance while I was sitting on their comms, 10 minutes after I logged in- I froze. What do you do when suddenly, the thing you have been teased about, the thing that was joked about- being a 'spai'- becomes a crazy possibility in reality? Do I stay, do I go? Do I laugh, do I cry, do I rage? Do I just go with it and act like nothing happened? I choked, mumbled a bit, and left.

I tried to ignore the sudden rift in the line I had been walking- the line I didn't even realise I was walking on until I crossed it. The line between EVE the game, and Jessi's real life- my 'friendships' with other real people, not the characters they play in game.

The two aspects of me don't work together anymore. In game and out of game don't align.

And you know what? I don't think I can ever go back. Now that line has been crossed, I can't ever rebuild whatever I had going in the first place.

I now have an alliance name of which I am part that labels me as a certain way. And you know what, I like them. Yes, I'm still not everyone's cup of tea, and never will be. But for now, Shadow Cartel is Naughty Cargo's home.

Jessi's family, are those people who I care for, in and out of game, those that I see as friends, who I feel I know maybe better than others, or vice versa. I will ALWAYS care for my EVE family- for the people behind the characters. Like any family, we have our disputes, we have arguments and fights, we have people that don't ever get along.

I am not a bad person. I am not a liar. I am not a 'spai'. I know that, and in the end, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks- or says. I am who I am, I know who I am, and I know what I do.

In EVE, all that's relevant... is whatever happens IN EVE.

I'm going to adopt this rule. It's going to be in my bio, right at the top.
I am Naughty Cargo AND I am Jessica Joy Owen. I am a member of Shadow Cartel, and I am a member of the Molden Heath community. I am an ex black jacket, and I am a space pirate.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon. If you're playing eve in 25 years and they've gone Pandas, remind them why Eve was once great.
-The dude who gave her the plex to submit this message.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An additional message from a friend-

A wise fleet commander once told me: "Intel is what makes an alliance great." I was freshly hired to the job of so-called "Royal Spymaster". My credentials? Six months playing EVE.

EVE is unusual. It is a persistent MMO world in which players can bring in relevant "real life" skills and that gives them an edge of a kind over other players. But what makes it truly unique is that the world promotes innovation, adaptation and a state of paranoia found nowhere else.

'Only the unknown frightens man. Once a man has faced the unknown, that terror becomes the known.'

I imagine twenty five years after I have written this message, the situation will be no different; irrespective of whether battles continue to be fought in New Eden. Define the undefined and challenge that infinite to become finite.

EVE is a journey of mastery pitted against Fortuna.

- Ezek Price

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, to finish... "FLY DRUNK, FLY RIFTERS!" :P

(We'll see how it goes down. XD)

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to save this to my notes book. (Yes, a collection of paper sewn togheter)

    ReplyDelete